Energy Performance Certificate Manchester (EPC)

Domestic EPC's


Domestic EPC only

Photofloorpan can provide EPC's Energy Performance Certificates for all domestic and residential dwellings in Manchester and Greater Manchester. We are fully insured government accredited and CRB checked and can provide next day appointments in Manchester, and Cheshire


All appointments will be carried out at a time convenient for you. Your EPC will be lodged on the Governments EPC register for potential buyers/tenants to view. We also email a copy to you or your agent. Our EPC's are only £45.00 for up to a four bderoom house, if you would like a floorplan aswell please let us know.




2D Floor plan Manchester

What are Energy Performance Certificates EPC

All domestic and commercial buildings in the UK available to buy or rent must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). If you own a home, getting an energy performance survey done could help you identify ways to save money on your energy bills.

Much like the multi-coloured sticker on new appliances, EPCs tell you how energy efficient a building is and give it a rating from A (very efficient) to G (inefficient). They let the person who will use the building know how costly it will be to heat and light, and what its carbon dioxide emissions are likely to be.

The EPC will also state what the energy efficiency rating could be if improvements are made, and highlights cost-effective ways to achieve a better rating. Even if you rent your home, some improvements noted on the EPC might be worth your while - such as switching to more energy-efficient light bulbs.

Once produced, EPCs are valid for ten years. If you would like a Energy Performance Certificate and are in the Manchester area please call us.

Why you need an Energy Performance Certificate EPC


If you're selling or renting out a domestic property or commercial building, you must get an approved Domestic Energy Assessor to produce the EPC. The EPC needs to be available to potential buyers as soon as you start to market your property for sale or rent.

If you already own your home, the process of getting an EPC produced can help you identify ways to improve the energy efficiency of your home. As EPCs are valid for ten years, you will then have an accurate EPC ready if you decide to sell or rent within this period (unless you improve your home subsequently, in which case you may wish to get a fresh EPC done to include those improvements).

EPC's and Feed-in Tariffs

From 1 April 2012, customers in England, Wales and Scotland wishing to get payments under the government’s Feed-in Tariff (FIT) for solar PV will need to be able to prove that their home has an EPC rating of band D or above to receive FITs at the standard rate. You will therefore need to be able to produce your existing EPC (as long as it is less than ten years old) or obtain a new one.

Who can produce Energy Reports and Energy Performance Certificates?

In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, only accredited Domestic Energy Assessors can produce valid Eenergy Performance Certificates.

  • For a list of approved EPC organisations in England and Wales, visit the Landmark website to view the energy performance certificate manchester register.

  • For a list of approved EPC organisations in Northern Ireland go to the separate Landmark website for Northern Ireland.

If you are selling or renting your home through an estate agent, they may be able to arrange the EPC for you. 

Further Information

For more information on EPCs in England and Wales, see the pages on EPCs at the Directgov website.